Are you one of those who are obsessed with the green-tinted bittersweet desserts? Matcha, which is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea, is growingly loved by the globe for its various health benefits and rich taste.
Of course, the original hand-whisked beverage is the best form of matcha to have when one wants to dive into the depth of matcha’s delicate bitterness. However, matcha also has a great synergy with sweetness when made into a dessert form.
If you want to explore the wide world of matcha dessert in Korea, check out the list below for some of the best matcha dessert destinations.
1. Matcha Bingsoo & Matcha Pound Cake @ Cafe Honesta
153-13, Seongmisan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
2. Matcha Cream Bun @ Fuhaha Cream Bread
22-25, Yanghwa-ro 19-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul
3. Matcha Gâteau au Chocolat @ Comme d habitude
40, Eonju-ro 124-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
4. Matcha Forest @ Anniversary Project
123, Bomun-ro 29-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
5. Matcha Tart @ Dol Dol Bakery
88-9, Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
6. Matcha Madeleine @ Etoile
35, Apgujeong-ro 10-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
7. Matcha Dacquoise @ Unique Dessert Shop
159, Wausan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
By Heewon Kim