Application and Selection Process:
▶STEP 1: APPLY
Submit your Group name, Main POC Name, Email, Phone and your 1 dance performance video to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 11th, 2022. Each video should be between 5 and 7 mins.
*Please note that there will NOT be a competition for singers.
▶STEP 2: SCREEN & SELECT
Our team will screen all applicants and choose up to 6 dance groups based on the online vote (50%) and judge’s point (50%), allowing them a spot on the main stage ‘Music Tank’ at 49thLos Angeles Korean Festival. Those 6 selected dance groups will be announced via email on Sep 17th.
*Likes of the video on ‘Katchup_official’ YouTube channel (9/12- 16) will count towards the video’s online vote.
▶STEP 3: PARTICIPATION IN ‘MUSIC TANK’ at 49th Los Angeles Korean Festival
The ‘Music Tank’ will be held on Sep 23rd at Seoul International Park (3250 San Marino St, Los Angeles, CA 90006).
Stage time: 8:30pm – 10:00pm
Rehearsal session: TBD
- No limit to number of team members
- Length of performance: max 5-7 mins
- The performance video is preferably required to be fixed angle. However, the moving angle is acceptable as far as the video shows the whole dance movement properly for evaluation. However, special video effects or frequent tight shots are not suitable for dance evaluation.
- MUST submit the performance video before the deadline (Sep 11, 24:00 (PDT))
- MUST perform with K-pop songs in Korean version (No other language lyrics songs)
- But, when the original song is in English (e.g. Butter, Dynamite), it is admitted.
- If you are selected for the finalist, you can change the performance song but still have a time limit (max 5-7 mins).
- The selected winners MUST attend the festival’s main stage on Sep 23rd at 8:30pm – 10:00pm at 3250 San Marino St, LA, CA 90006 and the rehearsal session.
*** To select the songs to perform on the main stage: FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE (if any of the winners for the main stage have the same songs to perform)
- Online poll (50%) + judge’s point (50%)
***Likes of the video on ‘Katchup_official’ YouTube channel (9/12- 16) will count towards the video’s online vote.