- Biting on your nails will damage your enamel and cause tooth aches
- If you brush your teeth right after consuming coffee, carbonated drinks, or beer, your teeth will be damaged. These beverages contain high amounts of acid, and brushing your teeth right afterwards will momentarily make your teeth week. It is ideal to brush your teeth one hour later.
- Crunching ice cubes is potentially dangerous for your teeth. According to Dental Plans, dental damage that comes from chewing ice often include cracked or chipped teeth, damaged tooth enamel, problems with existing dental work such as fillings and crowns, and sore jaw muscles.
- Eating food with great temperature differences simultaneously. If you eat something extremely hot like chicken soup and eat ice cream right away your teeth will be damaged due to a great temperature change.
- Brushing too hard is a big problem for a lot of people. Harsh strokes will wear away the
gum tissues as well as the tooth’s enamel layer.
- Grinding your teeth will wear them down and cause pain in the jaw.
- Using toothpicks may make gaps between your teeth and cause infections. Using dental floss is preferred.
The original document available at http://club.koreadaily.com/cafe_board/content.asp?idx=425101&table=658_cafe_201275124049&c_idx=658&page=1
Edited by Sooahn Ko