Sometimes it’s surprisingly easy to cook your favorite Korean food! If you like Tteokbokki, the chewy, spicy yet sweet, Korean snack food, how about trying this recipe at home?
Tip: Adding beef brisket to your tteokbokki is the easiest way to enhance the flavor!
- Tteok: 1 cups
- Tteokbokki sauce: gochuragu (Korean chili pepper flakes) 1 tbsp, soy sauce 1.5 tbsp, sugar 1.5 tbsp, and gochujang 2 tbsp
- Water: 8 fl oz
- Beef brisket, sliced fish cakes, and sliced onion: as much as you want!+ Feel free to add additional ingredients as you want! Some recommendations include enoki mushroom and ramen noodles.
- Grill beef brisket (no oil needed).
- Add the sauce and mix well.
- Add water
- When water starts boiling, add onions and fish cakes.
- Add tteok.
- Add additional ingredients when tteok pieces are still a bit hard.
- Boil until tteoks are soft.
By Heewon Kim