56.6 F
Los Angeles
Saturday, April 20, 2024

COMMUNITY

LAT, Korea Daily halt newspaper delivery at Hawaiian Gardens Apt. due to safety concerns

The Los Angeles Times suspended newspaper delivery services to an apartment complex in Hawaiian Gardens, citing safety concerns. The suspension affects residents of the Hawaiian...

Koreatown awaits action while District 1 already launched ‘New Clean Streets Initiative’

The 'New Clean Streets Initiative' is set to roll out in the Pico Union and Westlake neighborhoods, neighboring LA Koreatown. Councilmember Eunisses Hernandez, representing L.A.'s...

Chaerin Lee calls for justice to the remaining suspect who fatally stabbed her father

"I've been going back and forth to the courts for a year and a half since my dad died, because I believe in justice....

Jasmine Yoon becomes the first Asian federal judge for western Virginia

Virginia welcomes its first Korean-American Federal Judge. On March 12, the U.S. Senate confirmed Jasmine H. Yoon as a United States District Court Judge for...

K-Celeb’s Food Picks in LA: BCD Tofu House

https://www.tiktok.com/@katchup_news/video/7340440865652952362 The Korea Daily will review a series of restaurants in LA frequented by K-pop idols and celebrities. The second K-celeb restaurant following Jinsol Gukbap...

Koreans in LA seek ‘Chat Room’ to address mental health issues

"Let's shout together, 'I'm doing well, I'm doing well!'" At 10 a.m. on February 8, around 20 Koreans assembled in the second-floor auditorium of the...

Trader Joe’s $3 tote bag sells for $500 a set on eBay: 200-fold price surge

A $2.99 "canvas mini tote bag" sold at Trader Joe's, a large U.S. grocery store, has sold out and its price has skyrocketed nearly...

Young Korean-American in critical condition after unprovoked attack in Paris

A young Korean-American man is in critical condition after being attacked in Paris. According to Seattle local media KIRO7, 21-year-old Justin Han was severely assaulted...

Olympic Police promises its dedication to protect Koreatown around the clock

The LAPD Olympic Community Police Station, which opened in 2009 with the support of Korean Americans, is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. As...

Tragic deaths of son and elderly mother in Koreatown leave community in shock

A Korean-American man who took his own life was driven to extreme measures after the death of his elderly mother. Kun Kim, 58, and his...