1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) boneless beef (shoulder meat), cut into bite-sized cubes
2 mid-sized onions, diced
5-7 garlic cloves, diced
2-3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon baharat
2 cups rice 1/2 cup vermicelli pasta
1 pinch cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons corn oil
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 cup almonds, diced
1. Rinse meat and cut it into cubes.
2. Heat butter in low-heat and add the meat cubes. Cook until the meat starts to change color.
3. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and baharat to taste. Mix well.
4. Add water to cover meat and cook for 30-45 minutes over low heat. Drizzle hot water along the way to prevent the pot from burning.
5. Serve in a plate and garnish with parsley.
1. Stir-fry vermicelli in a pot with oil over medium heat until it changes color.
2. Add the rinsed rice and butter. Fry for 1 more minute.
3. Add 3 cups of water, salt and cinnamon.
4. When water starts to boil, cover pot with lid and reduce heat to low, cooking for 30 minutes until rice is well-done.
5. Garnish with almonds and serve alongside kebab. May add mixed green salad on the side.